“Welcome! I’d like you to feel at home during your stay. Please abide by the following requests, for all guests’ comfort and safety. I hope you’ll let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.”
– Karen Harris, Alaska Garden Gate B&B
Welcome to Alaska Garden Gate B&B and Cottages
Thank you for choosing Alaska Garden Gate for your stay. We are located between Palmer and Wasilla, making it easy for you to see and do many special things in our area.
Here is information and recommendations to make your stay more enjoyable.
- Top Recommendations – Activities, Dining & Shopping
- Day Trip Itineraries
- Staying with Pets
- Tips for taking videos and pictures of our moose
- Now Serving: B&B Recipes
Now that you’re checked in – WiFi password and Information
- Check-in/check-out: Check-in is from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and check-out is by 11 a.m.
- Parking: Please park and drive only on the gravel, not on the grass.
- Smoking is permitted outside only. Dispose of your butts in a garbage container, not on the ground.
- Wireless Internet: The password is gardengatebnb
- Outdoors: feel free to explore and enjoy the property!
- In case of an emergency: call 911. We are located at 950 Snodgrass Dr, Palmer, between the Hospital and the College.
Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Please be courteous and quiet if you’re coming in after 10 p.m. If you are wide awake at 3-6 a.m., which happens frequently with time zone changes, please help other guests get a full night’s sleep by occupying yourself in your cottage, apartment or room so others can continue to sleep.
The smoke detectors on your ceilings are very sensitive not only to “smoke” but also to sudden temperature changes, which they perceive as “danger.” If you’re baking a pizza or cooking on high heat, there’s a good chance that even with the oven vent fan running, it will make the alarms go off—that can be very startling! It helps to have windows and/or the door open during the time that you’re cooking at high temperatures. Do not disable the smoke detectors.
For the remainder of 2020, enjoy a hearty continental breakfast basket delivered to your refrigerator each day.
How to reach Karen and Staff – If you need anything
Karen or a cleaning helper are generally available from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for assistance.
Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything for your guest apartment or cottage! We want to make your stay great! We take out towels and trash daily, but for a longer stay, let us know how often you’d like full cleaning. Between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. you can ring the doorbell at the front door of the B&B, or flag us down as you see us outside. If you can’t locate Karen, call 907-746-2333—it rings to her cell phone, too, which she always has with her. Or text your request to 907-315-8192, anytime. Karen is happy to share local recommendations and travel advice, too.
Please see our cancellation and payment policies for any additional questions.